This is a small "I love you" message to Geo that I posted on Youtube earlier this year.
Thought that carving it out of solid ground would show off terrain handling in the engine. The number of polygons in the VBO is huge, but batching and frustum culling makes rendering possible on an old Radeon HD4000 series.
P.S. "Te iubesc" = "I love you" .
Just a friendly reminder, that although nothing new has been posted for some time (due to the lack of relevance for the overall project), our activity can still be monitored on our blogs:
Also, remember we are on Facebook and Twitter so keep an eye out there (also on the various widgets on the site and blogs).
As development on the light branch is nearing conclusion and the merge with the main trunk is getting closer, some things changed from the original ToDo on to the final version of the branch:
- Radiosity is postponed for a later date
- Deferred renderer is still buggy but interchangeable with the forward renderer with a simple recompile
- OpenCL support is postponed for a later date
- Multi-threaded asset loading code is added but untested for now
Features that made it in:
- Light model revamped completely
- Shadow model changed to match those found in SDK's such as Unity or UDK
- Hardware occlusion queries for visibility checks
- OpenGL3+ support only
- Cleaned up a lot of code and classes
Development on the main trunk has been paused because all of the rendering updates that we posted
earlier about, are being implemented >>here<<
As soon as we reach a stable codebase with up-to-date rendering techniques, the branch will be
merged in the main trunk.
A short term "ToDo" list that highlights the next changes that will be committed to the code base
was posted >>here<<